Welcome to CosmicEdits! Please enjoy your stay.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

A timelapse of how I make my channel arts/banners

Hey!! I was making my newest channel art/banner lately, and I wanted to do a timelapse on how I do those. Here I go!


Step One: Template/open the appropriate sized image

(Don't mind the default name if you're going to snag this template -- also, I didn't make it)

Step Two: Background

I used part of this image (photo credit to the Animal Jam Graphic Central) for my background, since I liked it and I just adore the Mira.

Again, don't mind the default name if you're going to snag the image right from my blog -- it would be better to get it from the AJGC since they have the proper credit for who made it.

Step Three: Text

The text I use varies from what I'm interested in or what the commissioner wants. I use PicMonkey fonts, Google fonts, CoolText, and Tumblr Banners and Headers by Snazzyspace for their multiple fonts. I decided to go with the Porky text option from the Tumblr Banners and Headers site. I had to use the text 2 times since "COSMICCHEETAH" wouldn't fit on my image nor the saving part. Here's the text that I used.


I also used the font TrashHand for "Animal Jam."

Step Four: Formatting Effects and graphics

I added a Catcher graphic as well as some effects on PicMonkey. Here's what it looks like so far.


That's just without formatting. Here it is WITH formatting:

See how the background progresses from bright and unsoftened to significantly darker and quite soft.

Step Five: Up into Pixlr Express!

When I'm done formatting, I take the formatted version into Pixlr Express and added some stickers and overlays. And by some, I mean many for this separate channel art. If you order a channel art, you can choose on how much overlays and stickers you want. I went into the Accessories category and snagged a halo, I added a fairy dust sticker onto the text, I added some abstract stickers, some lightning stickers... Even a little cat sticker to top it all off. Here's what it looks like with the formatting.

I also have a slightly edited version of the same banner.

I just added a halo, some more softening, the fairy dust, some more abstract shapes, and the lightning bolts.

Step Six: Back to PicMonkey & watermark

I opened the new banner up and then I added some more overlays and formats. Here's what it looks like with more overlays and formats. I also added a text watermark and an image watermark, and I like the text slightly better. I also rounded the corners!

--

Here's the finished product!

Anyways, that's about it!!

Ciao and Comet On!








1 comment:

Please be respective of your fellow Jammers! Thanks!
Sincerely,
CosmicEdits, Inc.